Loggin Batteries in Parallel

General Discussions

Moderator: slammers

Loggin Batteries in Parallel

Postby DannyR » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:14 pm

How do I log battery use when I use multiple battery packs in parallel? I routinely use two or three Lipo packs in parallel (i.e. two 3S1P 2100 milliamp packs to make a 3S2P 4200 pack).

Thanks

Danny

PS:

Well, with no responses, I created a new battery made up of the two 3S1Ps that I want to use in parallel. Now when I use them in parallel, I can enter a flight log with the paralleled battery setup. I still haven't figured out how to track the discharge/charge data for the parallel use. Right now I am track the discharge/charge data as if each battery were used individually.

Danny
Danny
DannyR

Postby slammers » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:30 am

I did not think about adding this ability. When I use pairs of packs I always entered them as a set into Flight Log as I never use them as individual packs. Excuse my ignorance but I am not big into electrics. Is it common to mix and match packs into parralel configurations or do you always parallel up the SAME set of packs?

Shawn
slammers

Postby Avalon » Tue May 15, 2007 1:15 am

Not too sure if anyone is monitoring this site anymore, but if you are I have the same prblem with multi battery use. I have one helicopter that I use 2 packs in and then another helicopter that I use the same packs singley, I would really love a fix to this problem. Thanks
Trying to keep the shiny side up
Avalon

Postby slammers » Tue May 15, 2007 10:30 am

I have not worked on the program for a while. I need to think about how I would add this feature. Can you give some suggestion on how you would see this working?
slammers

Postby Avalon » Tue May 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply. The easy way would be to put a check box in the add modify aircraft box that allows you to choose how many battry packs you use on that aircraft, or maybe the best place would be in the default fuel selection where you could choose conventional fuel or number of battery packs. If you have multi battrys assigned to an aircraft when you log the flight it allows multi battry selection. If you are going to work on the program again then it would be good if you could put a counter on the charge container that gave you the total number of charges for that battry (easer than trying to count the number on the screen). One last thing I have been trying to work out how the transmitter settings are stored, there does not seem to be any instructions in the help file for this?
Thanks again for a great program, the only scary thing is letting you know how much you are spending!!!

Bruce
Avalon

Postby slammers » Wed May 16, 2007 8:40 am

Thanks for the info, the battery counter is a good idea.

As for the transmitter settings, it just alows you to save a settings file into the database. You still need a way of getting these settings out of your radio.

For JR you can use the Datasafe to extract the files. On the 14MZ I just put the CF card from the radio into my computer and copy the model file off.

Shawn
slammers

Postby Avalon » Wed May 16, 2007 5:49 pm

Shawn

Ok thanks for the info, if you are doing some work on the program it would be good for us with less exotic radios to be able to type our settins into the notes seciton of the transmitter settngs.

Bruce
Avalon

Postby pentaxman » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:43 am

I use multiple packs with a twin engined machine, and add each separate pack used in a single flight and log the flight time as half per pack.
This seems to work well, the only exception is that the software logs this as 2 flights on that machine.

Could it be possible so that the number of flights logged is linked to the number of flight sessions of that machine entered and not the number of packs used?
pentaxman

Return to General Discussions