Question/Flight log/Charge Capacity?

General Discussions

Moderator: slammers

Question/Flight log/Charge Capacity?

Postby Need to Hover » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:17 pm

What do I put in for Charge Capacity?
Need to Hover

Postby slammers » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:19 pm

On some chargers like the Supernova it shows you the amount of charge added to a battery during the charge cycle. This is what you would enter in this box. The reason I added this is so I can estimate the amount of charge used by receiver battery packs per flight.

With my helicopters I only fly four flights before charging. I usually fly 6 or more flights a day so I have to charge at the field. If I fly three flights then charge the receiver and discover that 900mah was added to the battery I can conclude that I used 300mah per flight.

Having the ability to add this to Flight Log allows this to be calculated automatically. This is why I added the ability to select the charge before and after a flight group. Knowing the capacity added during a top up charge or the capacity removed during a partial cycle allows the per flight capacity to be calculated.

Although not used right no the program will eventually use this information to help you detect problems. If you start seeing that the capacity per flight is increasing significantly it could mean that the pack is failing or you have something on the model drawing excess current such as a binding servo.

Shawn
slammers

Return to General Discussions