Cannot add new store

Bug Reports

Moderator: slammers

Cannot add new store

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:13 am

I just started to use the program. I added two pilots without problem then I tried to add an aircraft. All went well until I hit SAVE on the ADD NEW STORE dialogue box. This crashed the app, twice. :( When I added a new store separately from the "add new aircraft" area, it didn't crash but it wasn't saved. I'm using Windows XP home edition, with all available updates from Microsoft.

Any ideas to get me started please?!

Thanks!

Best wishes

Malcolm :P
Malcolm

Postby slammers » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:36 am

That is very strange. Did you use any funny characters in the name? Try again and make sure there are only letters and spaces. No apostrophes, quotes, or any other symbol. Right click on the store container and select “Add Store”.

If it again works but does not show up I would appreciate it if you could send me your database for analysis.

Thanks
Shawn

slammers@smartire.com
slammers

Postby agridoc » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:23 pm

At first I must thank you for the excellent program. A big disadvantage of such a program however is that, as you add your "treasures", you gradually see what you have spent in total! Of course you may not add the cost. I try not to look at totals.
I wonder Malcolm if you tried to use the "refresh" selection. I had a similar problem with tools, I couldn' t see the new ones I added. Then I used "refresh" and they popped up. The same thing happens if you delete some categories. You must use "refresh".
Also a minor bug is that the program hangs if you ask for an update and you are not connected.
By the way I used Greek (ISO) characters in many fields and they all show perfectly. They cause no problems. I would suggest in future releases to put the menus and dialogs text in a .lang file so users around the world can edit them and have language selection.
I just used the program today with Windows 98, not with XP yet. I have both sytems installed, I use mostly Windows 98 for aeromodelling purposes for compatibility causes.
An excellent work. Congratulations.

With regards

Agridoc
agridoc

Postby slammers » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:46 am

I have been thinking about the language file for a while. However, there are SO many phrases used I am not sure how feasible that would be. Especially when I have no idea how much space is required for the string length in different languages.

It probably needs a complete re-write. I would like to have a much prettier interface. I just do not have time for that :(

Shawn
slammers

Return to Bug Reports