Fuel usage

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

Fuel usage

Postby Rafael » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:28 am

Shawn:

After about 3 years of using this program, I still find more and more tools to keep my maintenance and RC usage in track.

I hope this is a simple request. In the last month I have run out of fuel in the box that I take to the field. If it was a normal field box It would not matter, but I have a multi-compartment box where the fuel is inside a "drawer" in the box, not really accesible.

Could it be possible to link the fuel usage tool for the aircraft and the buy fuel tool to give you an idea of how much fuel you have left either in your box or in your storage room?

Just a thought, I guess I could be more careful and have spare fuel just like we have spare glowplugs and heli blades.

the "consumables" idea seems great, I'm already thinking of ways on how to use it. maybe i can keep the fuel tracking there in the consumables...

Great program!

Rafael
Rafael

Postby slammers » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:02 am

That is definitely a possibility. THe only problem I can see is the accuracy of predicted usage. The flight logs consume fuel but not precisely. After a few gallons the program may think you are out of fuel while you still have half a gallon left.

The consumables section is almost complete, however, it is called spare parts. It allows you to keep track of spare parts. You can tell it the minimum quantity you want on hand of any given item and when you run low the program will tell you what you need to order.

I wonder if I can do the same for the fuel. Have a minimum on hand quantity so it will let you know when you are running low.

Shawn
slammers

Return to Feature Requests