Helicopter Specific Request

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

Helicopter Specific Request

Postby archer183 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:27 pm

Here is a helicopter specific request. Since we replace our stuff with duplicates so often when we crash or when stuff just wears out, perhapse adding another column to each accessory that would be something like Number of times replaced, and then the program would take the indevidual part cost (or the cost per set) and multiply it by the number of times replaced to keep track of stuff replaced in that manner.

I know that it can be done with a little fannagling currently of the accessories area, but it might be nice to have this additionally.

for example, I learned on my hawk 4 so it would have a section for repair parts. In there it would have 4 tailbooms, 6 feathering spindles, 6 flybars, 3 pairs of wood blades and one pair of glass blades. So then I would have a concise area where I could look and see what I have put on for repair versus standard maintenance or the like

but heck, I really really like your program, I don't want you to get the idea that I don't, because I really do! my log file grows every day as I try to add everything I have into it :)
archer183

Postby slammers » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:16 pm

Interesting. But these are not really accessories but rather parts for the main model. Perhaps there is something new needed called spare parts or consumables. You could add these which would add to your total investment into a particular model. I like the idea of replacement parts. You would then be able to track high wear items or common parts required after a crash. You could print a list to determine which you should keep spares of.

It would really show how much models cost. My TSKs require no upgrades and do not wear out but they are (were) more costly than other machines on the market. I have some other helis that I must replace certain items on a regular basis. If you could track consumables you could determine the REAL cost of the model and therefore determine which ones are the best buys.

Shawn
slammers

Postby archer183 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

Yeah, I really really like that idea of consumables!
archer183

Return to Feature Requests