AWESOME Program, but what about...

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

AWESOME Program, but what about...

Postby rcis4me » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:26 pm

Hi Shawn,

Great little program you have created and I really appreicate it.

I was wondering on two things.

1) A way to be able to insert a picture of the plane/heli that is logged

2) Another DB for logging crashes and such. IE Type of damage, items replaced costs and so forth.

Also another thing I was thinking was another db containg building materials(CA, Covering, Epoxy and so forth) to keep track of TOTAL expenses for the hobby.

Can't wait for the newest release. This is AWESOME. Was gonna create something similar in MS ACCESS but just don't have the time.

Anyways keep up the great work.
Ron Sprinkel
rcis4me

Postby slammers » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:29 pm

Pictures. hmmm... Where would you want that displayed?

The next version that I am working on right now has a tools node. I may rename this to tools and supplies. There was another request to be able to pick a battery charger when charging batteries so I added a tools node to enter things like that there.

I am also working on a consumables node that will allow you to track spare parts and potentially crash parts. I still have not quite figured out to implement that feature but it is in the works. The version with the tools node should be out shortly.

Shawn
slammers

Postby rcis4me » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:17 pm

slammers wrote:Pictures. hmmm... Where would you want that displayed?

Well, I will have to look at the program more. I know some MS ACCESS DB's that I have seen have a pic of people/things and thats what I was basing this from. Hmmm let me work with the program alittle more and see where a good place would be and get back to you. I have also done MS ACCESS DB's before so let me do some comparisions as well and let you know.

But, again Thank You for what you have provided here, it is an AWESOME program.
Ron Sprinkel
rcis4me

Postby rcis4me » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:21 pm

Ok I have looked over the program pretty closely and I have to withdraw the thought of a pic. Only way I could see doing it would be to restructure the program to have a Main page with say a Pic of the aircraft and a name below it. Then you could click the pic or the name to bring up the DB options for that particular aircraft (based on MS Access). But I feel that this program is way to awesome enough and that would be too much work for that little function.

Sorry for that idea and please keep up the GREAT work. I do enjoy the program.

I have seen something similar to this on ebay that a guy is trying to sell but yours is so much better. If you want to see his let me know and I will post a link her or send you and email with the link. But like I said yours is much better as the other guys has very limited amounts of info on his.
Ron Sprinkel
rcis4me

Return to Feature Requests