Beta testers Wanted

General Discussions

Moderator: slammers

Beta testers Wanted

Postby slammers » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:00 pm

I have a new version of FLight Log that I would like to release. However, I have made significant changes to the database engine. I was hoping I could get some volunteers to test this new version before I release it to the general public. This version should be run on a backup database just in case there are unforseen problems.

If anyone is interested please send an email to

shawn@lammers.ca

and I will give you instructions on how to download it.

Thanks
Shawn
slammers

Postby rcis4me » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:44 pm

sounds GREAT can't wait to see the new Update.

Email on its way.
Ron Sprinkel
rcis4me

Postby wjvail » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:26 pm

Howdy Shawn,

I've enjoyed your new updates in the past and would be happy to help again.

My only request is that I don't have to jeapordize my current data! I use you program for every flight and really don't want to loose what I've got.

Bill VAil
wjvail

Postby slammers » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:11 am

I also do not want this which is why I am not releasing the update at this time. I was hoping I could find the time to use two databases in parallel. This way you can make changes with the current version on your live data and make the same changes with the new version on a temporary database. The only problem is you have to make sure you load the correct database each time you run flight log.

I know this is not very convenient but its the only way I can be sure there are no issues. I have been running it for several weeks and have not found any problems yet. The problem is I may not use all the features others do.

If you are still interested then you can send me an email at the above address and I will email you the link to download the program.

Shawn
slammers

Return to General Discussions