Deleting entries

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

Deleting entries

Postby Larry Ott » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:06 pm

I enjoy you program and have setup all our aircraft and other equipment.

Today I entered several days flights on a single session. When I realized what I had done I, tried to delete it and start over. To my suprise, there does not appear to be a way to delete entries.

Am I missing something or is there no "delete" key?

Thanks for a great program.

Larry Ott
Larry Ott

Postby slammers » Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:50 pm

I am glad you like the program. I have not had much time to work on it lateley. There has not been much activity here so I am unsure if people are finding it useful.

You are correct, there is no way to delete a flying session. You may edit the session and the flight logs for a particular aircraft but not delete the entire session.

Creating flight session also create history for all the accessories. Once you have created these I have no way of deleteing them so if you delete the session there would be history data left over that would be incorect.

This may be a feature that is required so will look into linking the flight sessions to the history data so you can delete them all at once.

Shawn
slammers

deleting Items

Postby Larry Ott » Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:57 pm

Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. I understand your delima where history is linked to the entries. It complicates any solution. If I had been
paying closer attention to my entries, I would not have had a
reason to delete one. Ths biggest reason for any delete function is a "dumb" user <g>( I write business software).

Please consider adding a delete function in a future release, just for us "dumb" users.

Thanks,

Larry Ott
Larry Ott

Return to Feature Requests