Anotehr request... Transmitter Maintenance

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

Anotehr request... Transmitter Maintenance

Postby Rafael » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:40 pm

Shawn:

Here is another one. A few years ago, I was at a Heli Fun Fly and my Heli jumped for no apparent reason. After tearing the heli apart, and not finding anything, I was going to fly again when I noticed that there were no models stored in my radio. I had lost my lithium battery for memory storage in the transmitter!

Some of the newer radios need to be sent back to the manufacturer to change the memory battery. It is something like very 5 years. If you don't write it down you would easily forget when was the last time you sent it back.

How easy or difficult would it be to add a maintenance section for the transmitters? Or is there a way to track them with the tools that are already available?

Thanks and keep up a great program!
Rafael

Postby slammers » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:07 am

That may be possible but the number of maintenance items on a transmitter will be so low there is not much point. I use the Notes section of the transmitters to hold this information.

I use the notes section for a lot of these types of things. Like servos, if I strip a gear or send it in for repair, I add to the notes on the servo when it was done. Its kind of a catch all for any historical information you want to track.
slammers

Thanks

Postby Rafael » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:21 am

Thanks for the tip, I will keep that kind of information in the notes. There is no reason to make things more complicated.

Thanks again.

Rafael
Rafael

Return to Feature Requests