Log book and maintenance reports

Feature Requests

Moderator: slammers

Log book and maintenance reports

Postby Rafael » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:54 pm

Could it be possible to merge the logbook and the maintenance reports into one report?

As it stands right now, the log book only reports the flights of the aircraft. and the maintenance reports only when the aircraft had maintenance on the bench not at the field.

I would like to have one document with the complete history of the aircraft in chronological order, not having to look in two different documents to get a chronological idea of what hashappened with the aircraft.

thanks
Rafael
Rafael

Postby slammers » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:30 am

The maintenance report does have an option to include field maintenance as well.

However, if I understand your request, you would like to have a report including flight history, field maintenance, and shop maintenance all on the same form?

That would be quite difficult as flight logs and maintenance logs are completeley separtate. To create a report that prints both information sequenced by date is a challenge.

But, I am not against challenges. I will have a look.

Shawn
slammers

Postby Rafael » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:19 am

Exactly.

Make a form that will include the bench maintenance and the log book (which already includes field maintenance).

I seldom do maintenance on the field unless it is necessary for continued flight, and fairly simple. The posibility of loosing a setscrew or small part is too great.

Thanks

Rafael
Rafael

Return to Feature Requests