Do I Need the Microsoft Access 2000 JET 4 drivers?

General Discussions

Moderator: slammers

Do I Need the Microsoft Access 2000 JET 4 drivers?

Postby davehour » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:10 pm

Hi:

I downloaded Flight Log without the drivers from Microsoft and the program worked.

It has some problems with the hours and gallon logs of the accessories. I don't know if the problem is caused by the need of the drivers you mention the program requires.

I don't have Microsoft Office. I do have Corel Office. Also, my pc came with Microsoft Works.

Should I install the drivers anyway?

Thanks.
davehour

Postby slammers » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:08 pm

If the program does not give an error trying to open the database then you must have the Jet drivers installed. Some other program may having installed these. Windows XP comes with these drivers pre-installed.

What problems are you having with the hours of opperation?
slammers

Postby davehour » Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:22 pm

Thanks.

The problem is that the totalizing isn't correct. It isn't counting all of the time in the flight log. For example, a certain date and a later one was counted, but some between both don't.

I deleted and reintalled the accessories and the problem still happening.

BTW, nice program! I don't write in my paper log anymore. :wink:
davehour

Postby slammers » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:59 am

Are you trying to add accessories when there are existing flights logs for the aircraft you are installing them in to and then finding that there are no history records being created for those existing flight logs? If so this is because the current version does not create history records for an accessory for flights that have already been recorded. It will only start creating history for flights after the accessory was installed. By After I mean actually entering the logs after the accessory was installed, not existing logs with dates after the installation date.

There is a way to recreate the history records but it is very time consuming. Look at this link if you are interested.

http://www.lammers.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

The better approach is to wait for the next release. The next version will recreate history records. If you added flight logs but forgot you removed an accessory you will now be able to remove it (making sure the removal date was correct, a date before the logs you entered) and flight log will ask you if you want to delete all records after the date which you removed the accessory.

Similarly, if you add an accessory on a certain date and there are logs for that aircraft after that date the program will ask if you want to create history for all those logs.

The new version should be out in about a week. It will be version 1.4.0.118.

If this is not the problem you are having perhaps you could email me some screen shots to illustrate your problem.

Thanks
Shawn
slammers

Postby davehour » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:30 am

I'll wait for the new version. The problem I'm having is what you described.

Thanks.
davehour

Return to General Discussions